Happy National Watermelon Day!
We're celebrating the OG of juicy fruit by whipping up a little pink magic in our kitchen. What better way to nod to watermelon, rockstar of organic hydration, than with an uber- nourishing skincare DIY + a fresh cocktail recipe.... using the same ingredients*. That's right. It's so all natural that you can use the same ingredients to make the scrub and your tasty beverage!
DIY Watermelon Sugar Scrub
We love this scrub for the face- and this recipe makes one solid jar of scrub. Double or even triple the recipe to share with friends or to use as an all over body scrub. Stored in the fridge, it will keep fresh for 3-4 days.
- 1 scoop of Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hemp Oil (**)
- 1 Lime
**Obviously, Hemp Oil is our favorite! If you don't have any on hand, no biggie. You can totally substitute other natural oils like coconut, olive, etc.
1. Combine watermelon, coconut sugar, and oil.
2. Slice lime in half and squeeze some of the juice into the scrub***
4. Rinse your beautiful shiny clean face with cold water
5. Dry your face with a clean towel
***SKIP THIS STEP if you are going out into the sun, please! Citrus fruits on your skin & sun exposure don't mix... "Margarita Burn" is a real thing.
And if this simple watermelon skin magic has you excited...
Try our Coconut Sugar Facial Scrub featuring a high quality blend of organic oils.
It smells like cocoa butter heaven.
Watermelon & Local Vodka Frozen Treat
- 1 Watermelon (organic always tastes better to us. Hello, local farmers market!)
- 5 Limes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (with a little extra for the rims)
- Vodka (We used AMAZING local vodka - from Dripping Springs, TX)
- Ice cubes
1. Fill the blender halfway with ice. Add 12 heaping scoops of watermelon (we used an ice cream scoop), the juice of 4 limes, the coconut sugar, and your preferred amount of vodka (might we suggest 6 oz.?)
2. B L E N D! Taste test that mixture. Let your taste buds tell you what's up. Adjust to your liking and blend again.
3. Cut a wedge from your remaining lime and rub onto the glass rims to make them sticky. Sugar the rim of your glasses by pouring the sugar onto a plate and swirling the sticky glass rims upside-down in the sugar.
4. Pour that sweet heavenly beverage into your glasses. Big servings are best because this drink is delicious.
5. Garnish with a lime, a watermelon slice, a toothpick umbrella, whatever you darn well please. This is your drink. Own it!
6. Toast to National Watermelon Day. Hydration tastes better today.